KOTOBUKI ENEMA 30
Each 30g contains 15g of glycerin(JP) and benzalkonium chloride as an additive.
Purified water as solvent.
Dosage and administration
For patients over 12 years of age, one unit(30g) at a time is administered rectally.
If this dosage does not relieve constipation, the same dosage can be administered again.
30g×2 tubes, 5 tubes, 10 tubes
Precautions for dosage and administration
- Dosage and administration should be observed strictly.
- Hold back until you feel a strong desire to defecate after injection of the enema.
(if you evacuate the bowel shortly after use, only the solution is evacuated, resulting in no effect.)
- Do not use this product for children under 12 years old.
- Do not use this product for purposes other than as an enema.
- Do not forcibly insert the tube to avoid injury to the rectal mucosa.
- Place this product in warm water at body temperature(40℃) before use during the winter for increased comfort.
- Make certain there is no wound on the inner wall of the anus, then remove the cap from the tip of the tube and insert the tube deeply into the anus.
- Slowly inject the solution by squeezing the bottle.
- After injection of the solution, hold back for 2-5 minutes until you feel a strong desire to defecate. (if you cannot smoothly insert the tube, extrude and spread a small amount of the solution around the tip of the tube, so that insertion will be easier).
For persons with a tendency for constipation
- It is important to have a habit of regular defecation. Try to go to the toilet at a specific time of the day for a certain period. Do not hold back if you feel a desire to defecate.
- Try to eat food with a high fiber and water content. (e.g., vegetables, fruits, yam paste, agar, and seaweed).
- Try to perform moderate exercise and stomach massage.
- Drinking cold water or milk shortly after rising in the morning helps you to feel a desire to defecate.
Precautions for use
Things not to do
Do not use this product continuously (continuous use may lead to a decreased effect and dependence on the product).
Issues to discuss
- The following persons should consult with a physician or pharmacist before using this product:
- Persons who are already being treated by a physician.
- Women who are pregnant or are possibly pregnant (use of this product is not recommended due to the risk of miscarriage and premature delivery.)
- Elderly persons.
- Persons who suffer from severe abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and hemorrhoidal bleeding.
- Persons who have heart disease.
- When no effect is obtained even after using this product 2-3 times, stop using it and obtain advice from a physician, pharmacist, or registered pharmacy, taking this document with you.
The following symptoms may occur:
Dizziness on standing up, or a sensation of heat in the anal region and anal discomfort may occur.
Precautions for storage and handling
- Store this product in a cool place protected from direct sunlight.
- Keep this product out of the reach of children.
- Do not put the solution into other containers (this may lead to incorrect use or loss of quality).
Contact: Mune Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Customer Service Office
Tel : 0120-85-0107
Hours: 8:30-17：00（closed Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays)
E-mail: click here
Manufacturer: Mune Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
859 Osaki, Awaji City, Hyogo, Japan