KOTOBUKI ENEMA 20
Ingredient/content in 20 g
JP glycerin: 10.0 g
Benzalkonium chloride is also included as an additive.
Dosage and administration
For children over 6 year and up to 12 years of age, one unit(20g) at a time is administered rectally.
If no effect is observed, give the same dose once more.
Precautions for dosage and administration
- Hold back until you feel a strong desire to defecate after injection of the enema
(if you evacuate the bowel shortly after use, only the solution is evacuated, resulting in no effect).
- In infants, this product must be used under supervision of their guardian.
- Do not use this product for purposes other than as an enema.
- Remove the cap from the tip of the tube and insert the tube deeply into the anus (if you cannot smoothly insert the tube, extrude and spread a small amount of the solution around the tip of the tube, so that insertion will be easier).
- Slowly inject the solution by squeezing the bottle.
- Evacuate the bowel when a strong desire for defecation occurs after injection of the enema.
- Do not forcibly insert the tube to avoid injury to the rectal mucosa.
- Place this product in warm water at body temperature (40 degrees centigrade) before use during the winter for increased comfort.
For persons with a tendency for constipation
- It is important to have a habit of regular defecation. Try to go to the toilet at a specific time of the day for a certain period. Do not hold back if you feel a desire to defecate.
- Try to eat food with a high fiber and water content. (e.g., vegetables, fruits, yam paste, agar, and seaweed).
- Try to perform moderate exercise and stomach massage.
- Drinking cold water or milk shortly after rising in the morning helps you to feel a desire to defecate.
Precautions for use
Things not to do
Do not use this product continuously (continuous use may lead to a decreased effect and dependence on the product).
Issues to discuss
- The following persons should consult with a physician or pharmacist before using this product:
- Persons who are already being treated by a physician.
- Women who are pregnant or are possibly pregnant (use of this product is not recommended due to the risk of miscarriage and premature delivery.)
- Elderly persons.
- Persons who suffer from severe abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and hemorrhoidal bleeding.
- Persons who have heart disease.
- In the following cases, stop using this product and obtain advice from a physician or pharmacist, taking the package of this product with you:
- When no effect is obtained, even after using this product 2-3 times.
Dizziness on standing up, or a sensation of heat in the anal region and anal discomfort may occur.
Precautions for storage and handling
- Store this product in a cool place protected from direct sunlight.
- Keep this product out of the reach of children.
- Do not put the solution into other containers (this may lead to incorrect use or loss of quality).
Mune Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
859 Osaki, Awaji City, Hyogo, Japan