KOTOBUKI ENEMA 10
Ingredient/content in 10 g
JP glycerin: 5.0 g
Benzalkonium chloride is also included as an additive.
Dosage and administration
For children over 1 year and up to 6 years of age, one unit(10g) at a time is administered rectally.
Half of the solution (approximately 5 g), the dose indicated by a line on the container, is injected intrarectally for infants under one year old.
Dispose of the residual unused solution.
If no effect is observed, give the same dose once more.
Precautions for dosage and administration
- Hold back until you feel a strong desire to defecate after injection of the enema (if you evacuate the bowel shortly after use, only the solution is evacuated, resulting in no effect).
- In infants, this product must be used under supervision of their guardian.
- Particularly in infants, this product should not be used excessively or continuously.
- Do not use this product for purposes other than as an enema.
- Remove the cap from the tip of the tube and insert the tube deeply into the anus (if you cannot smoothly insert the tube, extrude and spread a small amount of the solution around the tip of the tube, so that insertion will be easier).
- Slowly inject the solution by squeezing the bottle.
- Evacuate the bowel when a strong desire for defecation occurs after injection of the enema.
- Do not forcibly insert the tube to avoid injury to the rectal mucosa.
- Place this product in warm water at body temperature (40 degrees centigrade) before use during the winter for increased comfort.
For persons with a tendency for constipation
- It is important to have a habit of regular defecation. Try to go to the toilet at a specific time of the day for a certain period. Do not hold back if you feel a desire to defecate.
- Try to eat food with a high fiber and water content. (e.g., vegetables, fruits, yam paste, agar, and seaweed).
- Try to perform moderate exercise and stomach massage.
- Drinking cold water or milk shortly after rising in the morning helps you to feel a desire to defecate.
Precautions for use
Things not to do
Do not use this product continuously (continuous use may lead to a decreased effect and dependence on the product).
Issues to discuss
- The following persons should consult with a physician or pharmacist before using this product:
- Persons who are already being treated by a physician.
- Women who are pregnant or are possibly pregnant (use of this product is not recommended due to the risk of miscarriage and premature delivery.)
- Infants under one year old.
- Elderly persons.
- Persons who suffer from severe abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and hemorrhoidal bleeding.
- Persons who have heart disease.
2. In the following cases, stop using this product and obtain advice from a physician or pharmacist, taking the package of this product with you:
- When no effect is obtained, even after using this product 2-3 times.
Dizziness on standing up, or a sensation of heat in the anal region and anal discomfort may occur.
Precautions for storage and handling
- Store this product in a cool place protected from direct sunlight.
- Keep this product out of the reach of children.
- Do not put the solution into other containers (this may lead to incorrect use or loss of quality).
Mune Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
859 Osaki, Awaji City, Hyogo, Japan